Friday, January 21, 2011

The Real Deal Holyfield

Sorry for the long silence, as a tax accountant I probably should have picked AFTER tax season to start blogging. LOL  Oh well, I like blogging so I hope to make more time for it.

So after the endless weeks (more like 10 days but felt like 30) of Lupron I was sooo ready to get to the meds!  The real meds that would make my ovaries do something!  I'll spare you the boring nitty gritty plus I didn't write them all down, but after 10 days of stimming on 150iu Follistim and 75iu Menopur I was *finally* ready to trigger for the retrieval!

Up to this point I was super nervous about what my ovaries would actually produce because they had done soo poorly with just the Follistim the prior cycles.  But Menopur was supposed to be my golden drug.  The one that would help the follies that were started, instead of just starting a ton then not developing them.

The last u/s before retrieval (ER) I had 12 decently sized follies, which I was thrilled with.  My personal goal was to have 10 so yay me!  We had to go to the main office which is over an hour away and we had to bring "the goods" "the sample" with us.  I think more often than not husbands do their thing at the office but my husband thought he could provide a better sample being more relaxed at home, so I asked and they said ok.  So we wake up, I can't eat (which makes me cranky!) we collect our sperms and hit the car.

Try traveling over an hour with sperm in your waistband and traffic. OMG worst drive ever.  I was so paranoid they were all going to die.  We pull up and I jump out of the car, forgetting to shut my door in my hurry to get to the doctors!  I run in annnnnd no one is at the desk.  Whaaaat?! I have SPERM people!  I need to drop it off!  A minute later she walks up and I practically yell in her face "I have the sample with me!"  She says, "Ok sign in and take a seat"  Omg, I'm freaking out.  Another minute goes by and finally a nurse comes out and brings me back to get her the sample.  Phewww.  Now I can relax and focus on the retrieval.

Riiiight.  So easy to relax about getting knocked out to get a needle put through your vaginal walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment