Monday, January 24, 2011

Not So Bad Afterall

All in all, once the actual ER got started it wasn't bad.  But waiting in the pre-op room for the dr to be ready and the anethesiologist to get me pumped with drugs was soooo stressful.  I'm not a patient person by nature and the longer it took the more I started freaking out.  Luckily my husband was with me so he was trying to keep me calm, but he was nervous about it too!  So they finally come in and have me use the bathroom one last time and take me to the operating room.  I say operating room but it's not like a "real" hospital operating room, its much smaller with less equipment. 

Next thing I know, I'm waking up and asking how many eggs they got.  Which was 16! I was so excited they were able to get so many from me.  I laid there for a little while longer then I was on my way!  At this point I was starving since I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before the ER.  Torture for an eater like me :)  We stopped at Panera (I stayed in the car) and got something to munch on for the drive home.  I rested the rest of that day then I felt fine enough to go to work the next day.  I had almost no residual pain.

Over the next couple of days I not so patiently waited for the fert reports, luckily they called before 11 each morning which is what I was expecting.  Out of 16 retrieved, 12 were likely mature.  They did ICSI on half and regular fertilization on half.  Out of the ICSI'd eggs 5 of 6 fertilized (the immature eggs were in this half).  The regular ones 5 of 8 fertilized for a total of 10 little embabies!

Next stop the dreaded 2ww!! Luckily, if you can say luckily with IVF, the transfer is either 3 or 5 days after the ER which really does break up the 2ww and makes it slightly more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment