Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Long Story part 2

So we find out our next step is most likely IVF, so we set up the consult.  For us, one major concern was timing.  Both of the procedures AND the due date.  My husband owns a seasonal business so he works 9am-2am 6 days a week, all summer long.  I had images of going into labor by myself and he doesn't answer!  Because he's not awesome about answering the phone at work!  Although sometimes I do call for no reason...and its when he's super busy...and his employee just went on a break... What can I say, I have a knack! lol

So we met with the dr who made us feel super comfortable about the whole IVF process.  I knew the basics but he filled in the details.  So now the ball was in my (or my body's) court.  Since I have PCOS I knew I wouldn't have a cute 30 day cycle and I would have to wait until 35 days to get provera, then 10-15 days for my period to come, putting me at a 50 day cycle.

Orginally, we were planning on taking 2 break cycles so I would have an Oct due date (hopefully).  Well after that first 50 day cycle I said forget it, I'm ready and luckily my husband was happy to go along with my decision.  So after my Provera induced period started I called and got my birth control Rx! (Cue me happily screaming that it was starting!)  And that was it.  I was somehow expecting mountains to move, the clouds to part and the baby to drop from the sky.  Not so much.  It was "Take this for 3 weeks, we'll order your meds and call you back."  Okey doke.  Waiting I am used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment