Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cloth Diapers 1 Year In

My favorites and go-to diapers have changed slightly and I've gotten into wool diaper covers but still love cloth! Chris loves the Bum Genius sized AIOs still and will almost never put anything else on her, which is great.  They are easy to use, last the 2-4 hours they need to during the day, they really can't be beat.  They do take a bit longer to dry, but by the time the inserts from fitteds are dry, these are too.

I love, love, love fitted diapers, mostly because they are so pretty!  I got pretty addicted to buying them over the summer, so I'm trying to stop buying and also sell some to even it out :)  I die for stripes.  Every time.  They are also necessary for nighttime.  She is sleeping 12-13 hours straight so she needs some good absorbency!  My favorites are Twinkie Tush and Tangerine Baby.  I have Bububebe's also and they work well, the fit is just a little odd on her.  Too narrow and high waisted I think.

I had a brief love affair for a few months with Ai2s but the glow has worn off a bit.  I pretty much liked them because they were pretty but functionality I find is better with AIOs or pockets for me.  She hates diaper changes right now, so its a battle and to arrange the soaker and snap it, ugh.  Give me some velcro.  Now that she's older she's mostly in clothes all the time so you don't even get to SEE the cute prints!  When she was younger a shirt and diapers was a good look! But now we're out and about so much more to entertain her that doesn't cut it.

So I had bought some wool shorties this summer for over her nighttime diaper and they work great!  I only have interlock wool which is supposed to be more bulletproof for night and it is for us!  Wool is pricey but you only need a few covers and you can reuse them for a few weeks until you need to wash them again.  Wool care is scary at first but really easy.  The waiting time for them to dry is the most annoying.  I have a couple pairs of wool longies for winter that I'm super excited to try out.  They'll be perfect for lazy winter days in the house.  A cute fitted diaper, wool longies and shes dressed and diapered! And I get to use my pretty ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment