Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend Update

I had a semi-productive holiday weekend.  My big baby goal was to prep my prefolds, which I finally finished last night!  It wasn't hard just time consuming.  I did a cold wash with a tiny bit of Charlie's soap then dried them, then 2 hot washes with 1/2 scoop soap, then dry again, then 2 more hot washes with 1/2 scoop soap, then dry again.  I tested them absorbency and the water soaked right in, didn't ball up and roll off like it before so I *think* I did it right.

I also continued the never ending lamp search!  I found a great lamp with a bright pink base that matches the color of the birds on the wall but the shade was a cork material and it just didn't work.  Then I found another lamp with  a bright pink base that was a little smaller, which was good and it had a white shade with pink polka dots.  Perfect in theory not so much in the room.  Grrr.  The problem is that its going against the wall with the decal so I don't want it to detract from that.  It might be worth it to buy a plain white shade but I want to find one in a store instead of online, which isn't as easy as it should be.

Thanks to Target I now have some cheap underwear and a pair of comfy pants to wear after we get home from the hospital.  Oh and 2 nursing bras that are actually the right size!  Novel idea, lol.  

Next weekend is my mom's shower, I'm so excited!  After that I can wash and put away all the clothes and things and see what I still need to get.

We're getting scary close at this point, I'll be full term in 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment